SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pezzuti9

our trip to pick pawpaw

pezzuti9
14 years ago

Hi,

I have a couple of photos I would like to share with you.

Two days ago Bass invited me down to meet him so together we could visit a friend he knows that had at least four adult pawpaw tree growing on his property. I jumped at the chance.

First of all I do have to very young trees planted in my yard but before this trip I only tasted about

an inch of a not quite ripe pawpaw at the place I purchased my two trees from.

As you can see in the photos I gather up a nice bunch to take home with me to share with my family and a couple of friends that had never eaten any at all.

The woman that owned the property apologized because of the fact that her husband could not be there. He got called into work.

She gave us permission to pick what we wanted. I spoke with her awhile and she seemed like a very nice person.

Well anyway I got the pawpaws I wanted to taste and my family tasted them as well. I did learn one thing they must be ripe before you eat them. Some where not quite ready but just a short time having them sit on our kitchen countertop did the job. I now can say that I hope my trees survive and grow so I can harvest my own pawpaws just like Bass does in his yard.

By the way Bass I checked in on your newly designed, "trees of joy.com" web site. Nicely done great presentation with lots of information and photos.

Thank you for inviting me along . Hope you all that are not familiar with pawpaw fruit gain some insight from my photos.

Best to all of you.

Lou NE., PA

{{gwi:124940}}

{{gwi:124941}}

{{gwi:124942}}

{{gwi:124943}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH