SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

Funny Update on Our Austin, TX, Trip

LynnNM
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

As I said in an earlier thread, my sweet, wonderful DH decided that if we were traveling down to Austin for a wedding in June, he'd close his clinic and give all his employees the entire week off with pay. He's a great boss and they love him . . . but he failed to ask me first if "I" wanted to travel again so soon after our trips to (1)Tucson for a medical conference; (2) to Oklahoma to move DD temporarily home here; and (3) two weeks later to move DD up to Colorado Springs for grad school. And then (4) the flight down to Austin for the wedding. If he would have asked me, I would have given him a big, resounding, "NO!!!!" (Sigh!) But he didn't, and so I was left trying to plan a week vacation somewhere in Texas.

Now, I like Texas a lot, but I have no desire to vacation there in the middle of Summer. I don't want to shop, as I have my home here already done. And, I darn well don't want to camp or hike down there in the Summer! I looked at all the wonderful suggestions I got here, but still was not inspired to do any of them in June . . . and so, I just booked us a trip (starting the day after the wedding) from Austin to Cancun (LOL)! If I'm going to be hot, it's darn well going to be on a beautiful, tropical beach! Now I'm a happy girl again. A resort right on the beach, that is for adults only and specializes in gourmet foods and lazing under beach cabanas, or by one of their pools. I've already arranged for the limo service recommended by SWA to pick us up at the airport and drive us directly to our resort, and back to the airport again when we fly home. I'm still more than a little paranoid about safety out in the area itself. And, DH is glad that I'm not pissed off at him anymore, and is now actually very happy that we're going to a resort to relax and snorkel instead of taking a driving tour of Texas. A happy ending at last to my saga (LOL)!

<edited to add that this will be my first ever trip to Mexico. I NEVER thought I'd ever go down there, as our friends had a very, very frightening, dangerous, bad encounter while vacationing there a number of years ago, and with all the kidnapping warnings, and drug cartels, I've looked elsewhere for our trips . . . until now. Hence, my paranoia. >

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH