SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pezzuti9

in need of some opinions

pezzuti9
14 years ago

You may recall that earlier I posted here asking where I could purchase a Sheng persimmon tree. Well as I wrote using the information obtained from that post I did order one. It's being mailed in a one-gallon pot. Should have it in a few days.

Talking to a couple of friends of mine about the tree they think the best thing would be not to plant it now but keep it until spring. One of the person also stated that he ordered potted trees from the same place and when he received them they where always in good condition but did not have a good strong root systems. ThatÂs why and the only reason he and the others recommended I winter it over in the pot then plant it next season. I live in zone 5 but will be planting the tree in the zone 6 area.

What I would like to learn here is what the best way to winter over this potted tree.

#1-Keep it in a dormant state with insulation around just the pot in my unheated garage for the winter.

#2-bring it indoors keep the plant from going dormant and let it live through the winter months by a southern exposed window.

Really appreciate input and advice on this matter.

Thanks

Lou

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz