SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pacer_gw

And Then There Were Two...LB 10685 v. LB 10694

pacer
17 years ago

Thanks to this forum, I've got my mower choices narrowed down to two now. I know either of these is a fine choice, but...:

1) Lawn-Boy 10685 Tecumseh 6.5

Pros: Self-Propelled, extra year of wty (3 yrs total), $329 but I may be able to get it for less

Cons: Engine more polluting than Honda? (Or not?)

2) Lawn-Boy 10694 Honda 5.5

Pros: Honda engine supposed to be quieter, less rattles, etc; Honda engine less polluting than Tecumseh?

Cons: No s-p (not real important as my yard isn't that steep); price $429 (might be able to negotiate with my local dealer to save sales tax); 2-yr wty (current extra year doesn't apply to the Honda)

Anybody know what the "pollution index" rating is on the Tecumseh L 6.5 engine? Somebody here said the Honda is a 1 or 2 on a 10 scale. I think this Tecumseh meets CA emissions requirements, but I'm unsure if that places it on the same "less polluting" number as the Honda. That's really gonna be the clincher here. Yeah, I'm trying to do what I can to make the planet a little greener.

Both these mowers seem terrific; I mowed with a 10682 today and was sufficiently impressed. Thanks for any comments.

Comments (14)