SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ajc44b

How can I get grass to grow on a dead lawn?!

ajc44b
12 years ago

I bought a foreclosed house a few months ago, not realizing the lawn was completely dead! Me and my wife are now known as "the house with the dead grass"! I have a little grass growing in the back (north side) of the house, I am assuming it was slightly shaded last summer so the sun couldnt kill it as easily. The house was foreclosed and by the looks of the yard, I am assuming it was NEVER watered. There were a few baby trees no more than a few years old that are also dead. I had a lawn guy come out to spray with fertilizer but he said the grass is dead. So my question is, what can I do? I really dont have any money to lay new sod or anything. Is there anyway to re-seed it? Is it to late in the season to try this? What type of seed should I get, how thick should I spread it? Aerate the lawn first? How often to water it? (it has an automatic sprinkler system installed. The house is in Central Utah and all the neighbors yards look great as required by the HOA. Any help and or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Comments (4)