SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmoore2010

Seed Express Tall Fescue?

bmoore2010
13 years ago

I'm looking at Seed Express' mixtures and am looking for some opinions! I need to seed 2 500 sq ft patches from recent excavation.

The Seed Express recommended blend based on zip 19087 is SS1000 blend (regardless of shade setting I choose):

"Contains equal parts Rebel IV, Inferno, Padre, Justice, and 2nd Millennium"

However, they have other grasses available to mix:

3rd. Millennium, Faith, Firecracker LS,Inferno, Rhambler

(why not 20% each of the above?)

The lawn will have fairly light traffic but I still like a nice thick lawn that can handle some kids kicking around in.

I'm fairly new to this and need to just do some areas which were recently dug up and plan on reseeding the entire lawn (or at the very least the rest of it)later in the year. As the lawn is currently dug up in several large spots I don't have time to do the soil sample this go around but will prepare better for the end of summer seeding, but the soil is heavy on the clay side. I'd prefer to stay away from sod if I can even though I know it's probably best at this point in the season - but I don't mind using this as a "test" to see if I actually like the grass...

I have done some reading but it's fairly overwhelming and I find it difficult to see what an actual seed blend would look like in the end. The 2 areas will get 5-6 hours of sun and 2-3 hours of sun per day.

Can anyone suggest a good TTTF blend? Or other nice blend options?

I know I'm probably not providing enough information so please let me know what I can do to be more helpful. Also any suggestions to help me along would be more than welcome.

TIA!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!