SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kroman81

Attack of the Dandelions

12 years ago

Great web site and I appreciate all the knowledge everyone so readily gives.

I bought a house this winter and now we're discovering tons of dandelions in our front and backyard, while all of my neighbors have nice, weed free lawns.

not knowing at the time how horrible it works, I purchased weed and feed last week and things look worse than before. So I just applied a gallon of the weed be gone throughout the lawn (.2 acres) and hopefully the weeds will thin out by this weekend, which is when I'll increase the height of the lawn mower and mow the lawn.

I want to water my lawn (deep and infrequent, as per everyone's recommendations), but no one in my neighborhood does it, and their lawns seem to look okay. If I water my lawn, I'm afraid that I'll look like I'm watering the dandelions! Do my neighboors know something I don't?

I'm planning on fertilizing my lawn next month. By then, most of the weeds should be gone (btw, how much weed b gone should I be applying on the weeds).

I guess I just want to know if I'm doing the right things so far. I'm in the early stages of things and this is my first lawn.

Please advise and thank you everyone!

Comments (8)