SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcarch7

Frying Pan For Flying Friends --Pix Heavy!!!

The pan that almost got junked was a typical 12" aluminum Teflon frying pan. It occurred to me that it is totally ideal for a birdbath. The right size and weather-proof. The design of the curly art nouveau looking vines was based on the consideration that birds will need them to perch on if they prefer not to be in the water. You will see three holes also along the edge. The pan can also be hung from a tree branch.

The graphics were carved using a rotary burr/file with a Dremel tool. The leftover black Teflon coating is a perfect background to show up the carved graphics.

You can find thousands of graphics of all styles on the internet. Just print it out on a piece of paper. Using spray-on adhesive, you can attach the graphics on the pan. Then using the rotary tool and follow the design on the paper, trace and carve away. No great skill is needed to put a fancy design on the pan.

How to cut aluminum:

1. It is not that difficult to cut thick aluminum with an electric reciprocating jig saw with a wood cutting blade.

2. It is not that difficult to cut it with a hacksaw by hand.

3. Actually it is possible to cut it with a pair of metal cutting shears. Aluminum is that soft. That was how I did it.

4. Bending aluminum takes not much effort.

The solar pump:

I was pleasantly surprised at how well and powerful that tiny solar pump works. The pump has a high-tech motor. It is similar to the fan motors in a computer. It uses Hall-effect devices so it is a brushless DC design. It is normally rated for 50,000 hours and uses very little electricity.

Using carbide bits, I drilled a hole thru a pebble for the fountain. I have not decided on what spray pattern I want yet. The pump is so small so it is very easily hidden by the pebbles.

The solar panel comes with a long cord and can be positioned any place where you get the best sun. I bought the solar fountain on eBay. Not very expensive.

The solar panel sends plenty of power to run the fountain non-stop. Because the water is being re-circulated, there is no waste of water.

More----

You can find a plug-in DC power supply/charger to run this indoors.

This would be wonderful in the winter for growing Narcissus indoors.

Let me know if you need more information.

For those of you who make and sell things, this one should do very well for you.

dcarch

{{gwi:165225}}

{{gwi:165226}}

{{gwi:165228}}

{{gwi:165231}}

{{gwi:165233}}

{{gwi:165234}}

{{gwi:165236}}

{{gwi:165237}}

{{gwi:165238}}

{{gwi:165240}}

{{gwi:165242}}