SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redthistle

The Widow's Weedeater

Redthistle
15 years ago

I need a weedeater, and I'm very frustrated. I did do a search through old posts but didn't find anything helpful.

I need a weedeater for a woman, not a man. My needs are different. The main word to describe my would-be weedeater would be "simple." It needs to be VERY simple and basic for someone who made a "D" in a mechanical appititude test in high school.

I just killed my Grasshog Black and Decker electric model weedeater.--It died by being smashed to death on the pavement. I was SO ANGRY with it. I might have even stomped on it a few times. First, I couldn't wrap the line around the spool. Every time I'd get one line wrapped and began to wind the other line, the first one would come unwrapped even after securing it. I also couldn't tell from the weedeater instructions which direction the line was supposed to wrap. Next, I couldn't get the spool back onto the machine. It wouldn't go on no matter how hard I pushed, and it's not obvious which end of the spool to insert, nor are the instructions clear.--They are mainly pictures. Finally, when I was able to get the spool on and used it, the line kept wrapping around the head. I kept unwrapping it, and it would re-wrap and then I couldn't get the line out of the head. It did this 4 or 5 times.

I don't necessarily need a cordless weedeater. I don't necessarily need a gas weedeater. I just need one that is simple to use.

I have 3/4 acre, and I use the weedeater to weed around the garden beds and along the fence.

While I admit to killing my weedeater, I did not kill my husband. Wish he were here to help.

Weedeater recommendations?

Comments (7)