SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dylanangel2001

I'm beginning to think there is a Centipede conspiracy

dylanangel2001
14 years ago

Now I'm sure some of you guys have had great success with Centipede. But down here in SC it seems like everyone (homeowners that is, not businesses) has Centipede and can't do a thing with it. It gets tons of weeds, burns easily, grows slow, won't grow if it's cut too short...and the list goes on and on.

I think somewhere along the line all the lawn care professionals got together and said "Let's re-label this crappy Centipede as the lazy man's grass, so everyone will buy it and have tons of problems with it so that they will have to keep buying our weed killers, fertilizers, etc. forever! And we'll reserve the good stuff (Bermuda and Zoysia) for the businesses since they are easier to keep up."

I know it probably sounds crazy, but my office recently got new grass and even though the manager asked for Centipede, we're almost 100% sure we got Zoysia. It's a dark green not lime green, grows very thick and luscious, hardly no weeds, etc. It's the easiest thing to take care of. So what gives? Not more than a half a mile from the office is my parent's house, which has Centipede as well, that does horribly. So it can't be the terrain. I honestly think Lowes, Home Depot, the sod places, etc. are peddling Centipede to make more money! What do you guys think?

Comments (3)