SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diywanabe

Attn: tru cut owners. Just got my Tru cut h20 4.0 hp Honda 2005

diywanabe
11 years ago

Just got my new to me tru cut and I'm really excited to use it once it dries out here. It's starts up like a charm but I have questions about the two metal levers on the right and left. One: what is each one supposed to do? I don't have a manual to go with it. Two: are they supposed to slide up and down freely? It seems sort of loose near the top but if I keep pushing down ( or away from me) there is more resistance. I am assuming one of these is blade control and one is drive control b/c I have read u r supposed to b able to operate drive wheels and reel independent of each other. Thanks for any info u can provide.

Comments (5)

• tnjdm
    11 years ago

diy,

I just got the same model used and didn't have a manual. I called Tru-Cut customer Service and they mailed one out to me. Really nice lady name rose in their customer service department.

• tomg
    11 years ago

The left one engages the reel - so push it all the way down until it sets after you start up and are ready to cut - the right one is the drive control, so think of it like a car accelerator. It will take some time to get used to - it will seem like it's dragging your a$$ around the yard the first couple of times out (because it is). It cuts like a dream though.

• rager_w
    11 years ago

I hope your lawn is very flat and level. I have a pretty severe slope and just could not use the Tru-Cut. I was chasing it down hill and pushing it up hill. The roller bar helped some, but not enough to keep it. Luckily there's a good market for these used, only because like me, people don't know what they're getting into. Have you considered how you will handle back lapping and the occasional grind?

• diywanabe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the tips, I got it working now. I agree it cuts like a dream. The shop I bought it from sharpened and adjusted it before I took it home so they will continue to work on it when needed. My yard is flat but does have a few more bumps than I would like. I really would like a front roller but I don't want to spend 200 bucks for one. I think I will attempt to DIY one. But I have found even with the casters it handles a little bumpiness better than my cub cadet rotary at its lowest setting.

• diywanabe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I finished my roller bar with the help of a friend. Here is a picture. Used a metal tube, 2 bearings, two pieces of scrap metal for brackets, the rubber from a bike tire tube and a piece of rebar with a large bolt welded to each end for an axle. No need to spend 200 bucks!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:84882}}

This post was edited by diywanabe on Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 23:44