SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kcsummer

Hopeless Lawn

KCSummer
10 years ago

I have pictures of my lush green lawn but they are from 5 years ago. Ever since, I have been fighting to get my lawn back. Despite buying lots of seed, doing lots of watering, before my grass can get established my neighbors weeds take over. People want to say its me that I'm doing something wrong, putting down too much seed or whatever but I am not and I know what I'm doing. How could I have always had a nice lawn but suddenly its not? I'm 64 years old and fed up. I have tried seeding in fall and seeding in spring and all I have is cracked ground, weeds and a depressed me. I used to like mowing grass because it looked so nice when I got thru but now I hate it because I'm mowing weeds and it makes me want to cry. I have never had such problems, people act like maybe I just don't know what I'm doing but I have always had a nice lawn. Its cost me a fortune in time, money, seeds, water and for what? I am exasperated - my son says just give up already. But the thing is without a nice grass cover it creates a problem with rain and the subsequent mud my dogs track in so it seems all I'm doing is cleaning the floor and my sofa - I'm fed up.

Here it is early spring and I see coming up healthier than ever this hateful weeds, clumps of ugly "grass". I sprayed them AGAIN a week ago with weed killer mixed with spreader sticker and it hasn't affected them at all. I have grass seed to put down AGAIN but what's the use if the weeds are already up so I need to kill them but i can't.

People who take no care of their lawn have nicer grass than me, I just want to scream or cry or move.

When I spray how much is supposed to get onto the weeds, I try to be very careful applying it but its not doing any good. I have hoed up these weeds and they come back I hate my neighbor whose the source of this blight. YES, it does come from his yard - you can see it start from that side of the yard and spread out.

I am seriously ready to just move - leave my house and say to heck with it.

Don't laugh, I have never been more serious. I don't even enjoy pictures of my yard with the beautiful flowers and grass from previous years gone by, it just makes me sad to see the horrible ugly things taking over.

This post was edited by KCSummer on Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 17:31

Comments (11)