SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carlosivan_gw

Aloe Plant Help

carlosivan
13 years ago

Hi,

This is my first post here and it's a doozie. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have two aloes that I purchased in one small (2-3 inch plastic container). Since there were two plants, I placed one plant in a double glazed terra cota pot with no drainage. Knowing that there was no drainage I did repot with gravel at the bottom. The other plant has remained in the original plastic container. After repotting, both plants where placed in a room with an east facing window that got very warm during the day. Both plants looked great up until about 4 weeks ago when I moved (within the city).

After moving, the plants' new home became a south facing window sil. The window gets direct angled sunlight in the mornings and afternoons. During the day a large tree and part of the building filter/block some of the sunlight.

A couple of weeks into its new home, the terra cota plant has considerably browned AND thinned. The leaves have even started to curl in.

I understand aloes can brown in response to increased sunlight. What I'm worried about are the leaves thinning. Could my aloe have been under watered? OR since it has started to cool down, could temp be a factor. The past week our lows have been dipping into the mid 40's to mid 50's.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what may be going on?

Thank you.

Comments (6)