Houzz Logo Print
denninmi

Can I throw an On-Line Temper Tantrum?

denninmi
14 years ago

I WANT SPRING! I WANT IT NOW!

I hate winter.

I hate my climate.

I hate long nights and short, dark, gloomy days.

I hate getting up in the dark, walking the dog in the dark, leaving for work in the dark, and getting to work in the half-daylight gloom of morning.

I hate driving home from work in the dying light of twilight, only to arrive home in pitch darkness.

I hate seeing frozen lawns, frozen clumps of dirt (courtesy of my mole infestation), and little raggedy patches of dirty snow and ice.

I hate seeing big, deep drifts of snow even more than frozen lawns, frozen clumps of dirt, and little raggedy patches of dirty snow and ice.

I hate going into my greenhouse, feeling the chill, and seeing that the only "crop" in there is stored patio furniture, stored hoses, stored grill, stored firewood, waiting for spring to return.

I hate hearing the weather man say, "the windchill right now is -5, if you think THAT is cold ...."

I want to plant seeds, turn the warm, moist earth, watch the bees fly from the hive and come back laden with pollen, pick a daffodil and tulip bouquet, tap the maple tree, and listen to the geese honk as they fly north.

OK, rant over!

Comments (22)