SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oshkoshbride

Maid of Honor tantrum

OshkoshBride
19 years ago

Here is my situation...I had asked my best friend of 15 years to be my Maid of Honor, hoping that she would be mature enough to handle the situation. The problem is she used to date a good friend of my fiance, and he also is in the wedding party. Well the two of them got into a big fight and she said she told him that she was not going to be in the wedding. This is on top of her throwing 2 huge fits when I went bridesmaid dress LOOKING with my mother and 2 other BMs without her. I had taken her several times by herself. She is complaining that I will undermine her by choosing ugly dresses (why would I want ugly dresses at my wedding" After the last fit she had, in which she told me that I was making all the decisions (last time I checked it was my wedding) So, I have not talked to her in 5 days, after she told her ex that she was not going to be a part of the wedding...I am just so sick of drama. I am an adult and my life has just all fallen into place since my fiance and I have met. I know she is upset with her single status, but she brings all of this on herself. I have another friend who is married that lives out of town and she can be my Matron of Honor...that friend knows all the drama with the other and had warned me about making the choice to have her as my Maid of Honor, but I thought it would be easier since she lived in town. The deal is, I now have 3 girls standing up, and Scott will have 4 guys. I am not close to any other girls enough to ask them to be in my wedding. And I do not want my side to be all about Scott's friends wives. I already have his sister and his best friends wife, that leaves my out of town friend as my only one.

The advice I am getting is that my ex maid of honor will come around, but I don't want to deal with the stress of her emotions as I plan for my day.

To top it all off, she never called me to drop out, just had the message passed along. UGH.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012