SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Working in My Secret Garden ...need ideas!

jeannespines
12 years ago

Been working in my Secret Garden Log Swing area ... the prairie plants are growing...everything is looking like late Spring/early Summer!

{{gwi:144311}}

I had transplanted some Hosta's in the Pines ...thought the deer could eat those as they wander thru ...here's path w/whiskey barrel rings made into a 'sphere'...gr'kids just roll it around when they come!

{{gwi:144312}}

Trying to do a new garden in the Secret Garden...the bit white pines have grown so much that my garden isn't hidden very well...so earlier in the yr (during our nice Winter), my DH & I hooked up the old claw tub & dragged it out there...I've added to it a bit ...Willow easel & frame, a metal thingy, an old log ...now I want to plant something with heighth ...so it will camoflauge better!

{{gwi:144313}}

Those ferns are getting moved to the ground! I don't want to stack any rock in this area...love the pine needles ...dont' like slinkey creatures that like to hide under rocks! ;-)

Here's the easel...you can see the shutter birdhouse thru the frame:

{{gwi:144314}}

That cement leaf stone I bought from a place last yr on a day trip...I love that guy's works! Also the Hosta's I planted in the Fall here, too...they survived, so far!

I need ideas for easy plantings here that will help camoflauge (so I can't see my house in the distance) now that the White Pines have bare branches down low. Very shady & I have to haul water out here...any ideas, anyone? I'm thinking of a sculpture or see-thru Willow fence or something...what would you do? Thanks! Jeanne S.

Comments (17)