SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenman101

New Years Garden Resolutions?

gardenman101
11 years ago

Well its that time of year again. The catalogs are pouring in and the garden bug is biteing. This year my New Years resoulution is to replace all my old seed with new (alot of faild germination from seed that was 3yrs or older). Get those trellises finally up (alot of wasted space) Get the hay down (put it off til it was to late this year) Get the drip irragation put in (although moisture content this year was nt to bad) Right now im working on a few hoop tunnels over some of my beds to extend the season. We havnt had a hard freeze yet so still picking alot of stuff. It is snowing out as we speak, but i have to mulch my garllic bed (yea I actually had sucess this year with garlic, so far) OH and the Grandaddy of them all Is figuring out how to get rid of those pesky Ground/hedgehogs in my yard, they destroyed the 1st 2nd and 3rd plantings of my cabbage crops, so had to resort to only growing collards and kale (for some reason they left that alone even when it was the only thing left) I have a family of 5 living under mine and my nieghbors shed. But thats the big one getting rid of them.

What other resoultions are being made by fellow GWers?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio