SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweets98

Pics of our little wooded area...

sweets98
16 years ago

DH started clearing all the weeds out of the woods behind our house about three summers ago. This area was covered in briar bushes and weeds up to your neck! There were old burning barrels and other pieces of garbage and rubage just thrown in here. Jer has been mowing it faitfully and we threw down grass seed and the grass is filling in well.

My Pap was here one day digging ditches for French Drain and we got him to level a section off for us to put a fire pit and possibly even to tent up here sometime. I also have a swing I took from SIL up there but I never finished painting it all green. It sits across from the bank, under the apple tree. I'll have to get more pictures to show you the fire pit and all that. We need to burn something in it to get rid of the dang weeds in it! LOL Maybe this weekend!

When Pap made the flat spot, it left this bank and we were trying to put something on it so it won't wash out all the time. DH and I decided on hostas and ferns because they give you a wooded area feel. We had the two varigated hostas and 4 ferns in up until Sunday and then we put in three new hostas. We're trying to keep the water from washing the dirt out by using sticks, logs and rocks so it stays natural. It's a work in progress!

The first picture is DS's work. He picked this pansy at Lowe's a few weeks ago for 25¢ and wanted to do something different with it. We have about a dozen cinder blocks up there so we thought we could use them to hold the plants. We'll see how long they last before the rabbits find them! LOL (Oh, and DD just had to jump in! She doesn't get that it's WARM out and you wear shorts so she insists on jeans and then takes her shirt off! LOL But she told me I wasn't allowed because I have boobies...kids! And she also got a lesson in why you don't wear high heels in the woods! She had on her plastic play high heels! LOL)

I can't wait to see the progress we make by the end of summer!

{{gwi:141755}}

{{gwi:141756}}

Comments (7)