SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carrieanne_22

not very creative, but someone else's junk just the same

carrieanne_22
16 years ago

neighbors 3 houses down cut down their tree 2 days ago. i've been going crazy gardening, mostly container, the past 2 months and was just talking to my son this morning about where and ways i'd like to elevate & showcase some of the plants we already have & creat new & interesting spaces for more to grow.

we asked the neighbors (whom we'd never met before & here we come a'begging) if they weren't planning on doing anything with the 2 large logs they had out front, would they mind if we took them to set potted plants on? they said no problem & we rolled 'em home.

it wasn't til i already had them home, in place & was re-arranging pots that i began wondering if it was safe to put my plants on these logs. the tree was obviously dead or dying. does that mean they could still have or pass something on to my potted plants that i place on top of them? if so, could i treat the logs or even just varnish the crap out of them to make them safe to be pedestals?

i found an old wash tub at an abandoned house today that i plan to use for some prickly pear i'm transplanting, but for now it's acting as a barrier, sitting on the log with a potted plant in it.

can anybody tell me what i should do?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting