SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eyesofthewolf

Candy isn't the only thing for Holloween

eyesofthewolf
13 years ago

A very cute Holloween story: I had WAAAAAAAAY to many eggplants ripen and I had already given a truck load to my friends so this Holloween I put a box with 20 pounds of eggplants and a sign saying Homegrown eggplants please help yourselves. I pretty much was ridiculed by the family saying "No one is going to take those are you crazy" The very first group of trick or treaters showed up 3 girls about 12 or 13 they just got so excited and said they loved eggplant parmesan could they have some I was tickled and said go ahead, I am sure the parents are going to freak out and throw them away which is ok, then a young mom and her kids showed up and she said she would love to have some for her 5 boys so there goes another couple pounds. There was a couple times I had to run to the door because they were going to take the eggplant and not ring the door for candy. LOL. ok long story short I got no bad reviews from the people who showed up and all the eggplants were gone in 30 minutes and I got a great feeling I had helped in a very small way. Just thought I would share my silly story. :o)Deanna

Comments (6)