SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bridgetis

Don't wanna be a plant murderer!

bridgetis
16 years ago

1) I received a Dracaena Massangeana last month. I've searched the internet and found out that I have mealy bugs (fuzzy white). What would be the best treatment for these critters on my plant?

2) Poor plant, there also seems to be a yellow fungus in the soil. I have 4 canes in this pot, and have been putting about an 8oz cup of water in the pot every day or two. Am I over watering? I use Culligan drinking water. Is this water ok? I keep reading about flouride levels being bad, but don't know how to test. What's the best treatment for this yellow fungus?

3) Tips are turning brown on some. One of the growing foliage is brown on the inside of the leaves and is starting to droop! Mealy bugs aren't on this one. I have it at an east facing window so it gets morning light thru the thin curtain. Not enough light? Is this over-watering? Root rot? How do I prune this one off appropriately?

Please help! I received this 4 cane for my 4 year wedding anniversary, and I don't want to kill it with treatment or make matters worse by trying to figure it out on my own!!!

Thank you!

Brown Thumb Bridget

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting