SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

How would I anchor this hatrack cheap?

aliska12000
17 years ago

These are my latest finds. The hatrack was $2 at a yard sale, I tightened up the screws and will cover the couple places where knobby things are missing with something (if I don't, water will run down inside), also may have to tape or fill some joints for the same reason.

I was thinking rebar and tying the bottoms to it, but they might slip and I don't know how to tie it right. I have some u nails and some stakes, but I don't have a vice to hold the stake still while I pound u nails into them.

The pots were all free in trash left over after my friend moved, but I earned them. I could barely lift them with the wet dirt in them so I got them out of my trunk onto the street and scooped the dirt out of them into a bucket and used it for fill by my back steps. I hosed the remaining dirt out this morning. I'm trying to figure out an easy way to bleach them out to kill any harmful bacteria, fungus, etc., that may be lurking in them.

I may have to use the pots to hold over some climbers until I can get my big project finished, otherwise I had some good ideas for what to put in them, I haven't been able to find any dusty miller except in an arrangement that was too $$$ at HD, I think it had that, pansies and other stuff in it.

And I want a pretty pillar rose for the hatrack, but the best ones I like either won't work for my zone or are sold out most places.

Remember my old iron plant stand post? A part came loose, so it is in the shop to be welded. That is going to cost more than the stand.

Back to the hatrack, anybody have any good ideas for anchoring that?

{{gwi:136766}}

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus