SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neonaera

Hello, I am a newbie. Q's:Peace Lily, Pothos, houseplants, etc.

neonaera
15 years ago

Hello there fellow plant people!

I am known and fond to grow aquatic plants in aquatic fish tanks, I am a advanced aquarist and intermediate aquatic plant grower, but, for houseplants, it's quite a new world for me, I am a beginner.

Welcome me! =)

The houseplants that I currently own in my room:

(Note:These are all babies, I just got them medium sized, barely outgrowing and getting tall)

Peace lily

Heart shape Pothos

Lucky bamboo

Premium fern

Premium Dracaena

Air plants (Just purchased them, so small right now! It's attached to wood. I haven't identified yet)

Well, yeah! I have some questions! =)

I currently own two of these plants , peace lily & pothos. It's in my room on the east side, and on the west side, I have a window with a blind to block direct sunlight. Unfortunately that means more moisture and humidity in my room lol.

I would like to know what it takes for these plants to grow, flourish and how to get the peace lily to flower. Do they need specific light requirements? Like their photo period. And just wondering, can the peace lily be propagated by taking the baby shoots and planting the babies to a small pot? and can the pothos be cut, propagated and grow having a submerged stem root system? Can the same apply to peace lily? How do I do so? Thank you all and I'll be back within a few days later.

-William

Comments (3)