SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bart1_gw

Table Grapes: Stopping the Spraying / Cleaning /Bees?

bart1
13 years ago

I have a few questions regarding table grapes. This is my first year in getting a crop to harvest and I have a few issues. IÂve been spraying fungicides all season long (the same ones IÂm using on my wine grapes), but the table grapes are ripening up much quicker and are just about ready to be picked. Is there a point when you can stop worrying about rots and mildew, and therefore stop spraying?

The second question is related to the first. IÂve been spraying every two weeks with the next scheduled spraying this weekend. The grapes are still pretty well coated from the spray I did about 12 days ago (I can see the fungicide residue all over the grapes). Since these are and itÂs highly unlikely that the fungicide will disappear before they are harvested, how should I clean them? The good old fashioned way - - in the kitchen sink? And if the couple of (admittedly short) rain storms didnÂt wash the fungicide off, will it come off when I wash them?

The third question is about bees. They seem to be going after my white grapes (and eating them) and not bothering with the red or blue ones. Is this a common problem? Is there anything that can or should be done about it?

Thanks!

Bart

Comments (16)