SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marial1214

Anyone Else disappointed with Lima Production?

marial1214
14 years ago

Legumes are good for you, they are low in fat and a good source of protein. I grew a double row of 25 feetof Forkhook. I thought for sure that would give 2 people plenty of limas for the table. I wanted to freeze them and put some out on the T-day table.

What I actually got was a bowl full, many smaller ones. About the size of a bag in the frozen section of the grocery store.

The plants grew so slowly over the course of months, so slowly that I ignored them, they got plenty of rain water but we didnt get much sun due to all the rainy days.

Then the pods appeared and I jumped for joy. Then those grew slowly and I finally harvested the first small amount in late August or early September. I could do another harvest now before I rip the plants out and I could probably expect about a cup full.

For how much room they took up in my rows, it sure is disappointing to only have a couple cups full.

Anyone else experience low yields? I will try again next year and hopefully the sun is stronger during the season, to see if that affects my yield.

Comments (4)