SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
appleseed70

Sulfur vs. Immunox

appleseed70
9 years ago

Just curious as to everyone's opinion of sulfur vs. immunox fungicide. I've noticed most here are big proponents of myclobutanil. I rarely (if ever) hear Scott Smith, Olpea, Don Yellman, Harvestman, or any of the other really knowlegeable folks here suggest sulfur to anyone. I just recently began using immunox (based largely on it's popularity here) and it seems to be good stuff. I just cannot say that it's any better than sulfur. Right now I'm battling CAR and both products seem to be equally effective. Developed immunity to sulfur is essentially zero. Sulfur is certainly much, much cheaper,mixes so easily, sprays well and for me, has proven highly effective. Even here in the hot ultra-humid summers of western Maryland. I like the fact that even after a hard couple of rains you can still see it on the leaf surface. I'm not a organic grower by any means (gave up that pipe dream years ago), but I do like the fact that something that "may" be considered organic is so effective, reasonably safe and cost effective. Also, what do you guys think about tank mixing the two together? I called the Spectracide hotline and got the company line "DO NOT mix with anything". I seen a university publication advocating it (Penn State I think). What do all you guys and gals think?

Comments (14)