SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenhousekendra

Cannot find older posts, peach tree advice and favorites :)

greenhousekendra
12 years ago

I had asked some peach tree questions but can't find the older responses to my posts. Are they deleted after a few months?

Last year I took pictures of our very sad peach trees and the overall advice was to plant some new ones because these would die over time. Last year, to my surprise we had peaches and they were good - but I can tell that this may be our last year.

What we would like to do is plant some new peach trees (3) plum (2) apricot (2)

The current peach trees are separated from the apple trees about 20-30 feet away, slightly uphill.

My questions are:

Where do I plant the new trees?

There are some open spots or areas within the apple orchard ( i think this is where trees didn't make it), can I plant them in between the apple trees or is it better to keep them separated?

If I should keep them separate from the apple trees and since my now peach trees look very diseased, how far away should I plant the new trees?

I'm in NE Kansas zone 5b - What are some great varieties to plant in this area?

When is the best time to plant the new trees? Where is the best place to buy them? Anything else I need to consider?

I know I have many questions, I just want to be ready when DH is kind enough to plant these trees with me. Thank you!

Here are some pictures of my sad trees. This year

{{gwi:118212}}

{{gwi:118213}}

{{gwi:118214}}

last year:

{{gwi:114053}}

{{gwi:114055}}

{{gwi:114052}}

Comments (3)