SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twomonths

Feb 07 POTM Research

TwoMonths
17 years ago

ok so I researched looking for inspiration

tiffy says:

1)The item should be somewhat folk artish which I see as something which has 'fun' to it and is whimsical or has a whimsical element to it.

2)There should be at least one movable part. Windchimes/whirlygig - anything.

3)Colour. At least one primary colour somewhere, preferably more.

Folk Art describes a wide range of objects that reflect the craft traditions, and traditional social values, of various social groups. Folk art is generally produced by people who have little or no academic artistic training and use established techniques and styles of a particular region or culture. Along with painting, sculpture, and other decorative art forms, some also consider utilitarian objects such as tools and costume as folk art. For the most part, "Folk Art" would exclude works executed by professional artists and sold as "high art" or "fine art " to the society's aristocratic elite. (well, ok)

a label created by French artist Jean Dubuffet to describe art created outside the boundaries of official culture; Dubuffet focused particularly on art by insane asylum inmates (oh no, they have been following me around)

labeled as outside art, outsider artists have little or no contact with the institutions of the mainstream art world, their work considerably being an example of intrinsic motivation , often employing unique materials or fabrication techniques. Much Outsider Art illustrates extreme mental states, unconventional ideas, or elaborate fantasy worlds. (see they have been watching me)

Leans to the ethnic...called Americana, Louisana art, whether you consider this art to be "folkart", "outsider art", "self-taught art", "primitive art", or "naive art", it won't matter to us. one site just wants to offer you our Southern Hospitality, invite you to get comfortable, and settle in for a nice long visit

pic not too good, but he has the gist of the our forum http://www.bruceburris.com/BURRIS/BACKYARD.htm

Comments (3)