SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nanpinn

beloved plant isn't looking too good

nanpinn
9 years ago

Hi all.

I have a beloved hanging plant (I think it is a phioldendron but it could be something similar) that has been healthy for many years with little attention. About two months ago the leaves started turning yellow and falling off. I did a little reading and saw that it could be over watering so I cut way back. In the past I had usually watered it about every 3-4 weeks but in the month before it started looking bad I had gone up to around every week or two. After it started turning yellow I also repotted it to a slightly larger pot with fresh dirt because it was still in the original small pot with very old dirt. The leaves have continued to turn yellow even with minimal watering. Last time I checked it I could stick the length of my finger in without it being wet. The leaves turn kind of blotchy and they fade to yellow in patches. I tried to show that in my photo.

I would really appreciate any advice you have. I love this plant and have had it for many years through many moves. I even brought it with me on the airplane when I moved cross country.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!