SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iforgotitsonevermind

Ficus alli Questions

Hi yall.

I have couple of ficus alli trees that I got late last winter and they have been thriving in my sunny 2 story greatroom. Growing in leaps & bounds I might add.

One of them is very lopsided and the side facing the windows has flourished and the other side not so much. Can I turn the tree 180 degrees or will it start dropping leaves on me?

The trees didn't go into shock when I brought them home from the garden center but I thought that might have been because they went from a less than ideal drafty greenhouse to a bright sunny and warm place.

The other question I have is these things have so many crossing & rubbing branches that if I go to cut them all out there won't be a whole lot left to the trees. The nearby shopping mall has these growing in huge pots and they have been pruned out a lot. They look nice but are sparsely branched. Should I do the same? I kind of like them pretty full. This room gets so sunny in the winter time when the angle of the sun is lower that I actually need shade trees for the indoors!

Comments (2)