SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
never_give_up

Growing peppers up north II

never-give-up
14 years ago

Some of you may remember helping me with this subject in Feb. I wanted to let you know how it went and ask one more question, but I can't bring the thread back without pulling it from my favorites.

After waiting out a cold, miserable, rainy spring I finally got my soil temperature high enough to plant all the peppers. I had to put them under a plastic tunnel to plant them outside, but it was getting really late in the season. If my peppers were human they were so pampered that they would be spoiled rotten brats. LOL

All summer the weather stayed the same. Torrential rains and cold had me covering and uncovering them all summer. We had over 22 inches in 3 months even before the last tropical storm.

But with all that babying the end result is lush peppers loaded with blossoms and tiny peppers. The problem now is that I don't know if I can get through til frost. They have out grown their make shift hoop house. I need to come up with something larger.

Anyone have any ideas for pushing them along? Is now a good time for some fish emulsion fertilizer? I sure would hate to lose them after all that.

Thanks for all your tips this past spring! Despite the absolute miserable weather I have never grown such beautiful plants in my life. Couldn't have done it without you.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cornucop/msg0215054912864.html?48

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz