SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diane_jessica

grow from seed Majestic Giant II Pansies (heat/cold tolerant series)

Have done some researching on Majestic Giant II Pansies to do with how they should tolerate extreme heat and cold, and other details such as half shade tolerant. Living in the low south (North Carolina zone 8a), as I do, sowing in August without certificial (sp?) cool treatment for fall plantings, etc. All sounded good to me. Have seeds on the way that I ordered. Wondered if anyone on the forum has grown Majestic Giants from seed.

Nothing I read indicated this breed is biannual, so I am hoping these pansies will bloom within first 90 days give or take (?) Suppose to be hardy zone 4-`11.

The temps and humidity is high now. Thought I'd put seeds in trays and under my 3 sided open carport. Majestics are suppose to germinate within 4-7 days (quicker than most). If all goes well and I get viable seeds which sprout, then my concern would be our hurricane season Sept-Nov. (Last yr was horrid) I might want eventually to put them in pots, hanging baskets to protect from any forthcoming heavy rainstorms/flooding/hurricanes.

Am a newbie at flower gardening. Have never grown anything from seed before except vegetables years back which was sown direct into ground. So if anyone here is familiar with growing winter pansies from seed, do please chime in. - Diane

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz