SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chikkah_gw

Help? How do I heal my Peach Tree?

chikkah
14 years ago

I just moved in to a new house about a month ago. The landlord told me she planted the tree in 2004. However, for being 5 years old, it is only about 7 feet tall.

Not only that but it is very thin, only a few good long branches.

When I moved in there were a ton of little peaches growing on it, however they were still a few months away from picking. There were a ton of dead branches hanging off of it, and when I went to inspect the peaches, there were bugs in almost every single one.

The yard was also really over grown, and after having it cut I notices at the base of the tree on two different sides there were like wounds from a lawnmower or weed eater.

(Because I had just spent so much money moving, I didn't have the money right away to take care of it until last week.)

So, about a week after I moved in, I noticed there were birds in the tree picking at all of the peaches.

And then a week after that, when I got home from work I noticed all of the baby peaches were on the ground. Literally. There were only two or three peaches left in the tree, and of course they were ate by bugs and birds.

So last week, I pruned it back, and cut off all of the dead branches, and dug up the grass and layed mulch down, and I have been watering it plenty.

One other thing I noticed when I dug the grass up was there were a lot of bugs there, I mean a lot. I think more then normal for a garden.

So, how can I keep the birds away?

What types of pesticides can I use to get rid of a lot of the bugs but still make the peaches safe to eat?

And what types of things can I do to help it grow big and strong?

Comment

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio