SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eointremont

How do I 'heal' my mango plant?

eointremont
10 years ago

Hi guys it's been about 9- 10 months since I've planted my mango seed. I brought him to my dorm when I started school this September, however, due to the lack of sunlight in my room I took him to the school's greenhouse so that he can have the full care he can get. I check every month up in the greenhouse (there is a caretaker up there) and he has been growing more leaves and seems to be thriving more. The caretaker also replanted him into a bigger pot and he's been doing great!

But.... When the winter came, and when I retrieved him for break, there are brown spots on the leaves and even one of them fell off! Now, I have him under my care for the break and I just don't know if these brown spots are normal during this season or a sure sign of death. Is there any way of 'healing' the plant? I live in Southern California and it might have happened during the two weeks of colder weather on the beginning of the month (for those of you who live out here also).
The caretaker says that he's been taking care of mango plants before since he grew up in Guam and also said its normal for mango plants to have these brown blotches in the winter. I'm not sure however because he looks pretty sickly. Any advise, help? Thanks and happy new year!

Comments (5)