SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lamora_gw

wilting Swedish Ivy- need advice

Lamora
11 years ago

Hi Everyone! I do hope all is well and the heat isn't getting to anyone really bad, Plants included :) Plus the fires out there, hope everyone is safe!

Most my plants are doing good with this dry heat, but there are some that are not doing good at all. I am going to try to make up a makeshift humidifier today for them. Wish me luck. (I know, I know, I should have done that a lot sooner, but I need to come up with containers. The catch pots I have are cheap and easily torn)

Now for my question ;)

I got a Swedish Ivy from a friend not quite a month ago. It was in water for about 2 weeks, I was planning on just letting it grow in water. I read that it likes a lot of sun,but not HOT sun, so it was out in the sun. It started wilting real bad. I thought that maybe it needed soil, so I soiled it, peat moss and perlite and some left over fir bark, mostly 1-1-1 mix. And it is now in the shade, sun is HOT here now.

That was almost a week ago. Two of the vines are doing real nice, but the other 2 are wilty. They are all in the same pot. (well ok, it is the bottom of a pop bottle with holes in it, don't have a pot that small)

Is there something I can do to for the wilty ones? Soil is moist. Or should I just put them back in the water? The roots on the ones that are wilty were there, just not like the ones that are good.

Please help me-- any advice right now would be great.

Marjie :)

Comments (14)