SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

A Bob Health Update

luna_llena_feliz
15 years ago

I swear I should create a newsletter so I can send mass mailings out to all of Bob's friends and family. Do you ever find, when your loved one is in the hospital, that you forget who you told and who you didn't? I find that I repeat the same thing to a few people and then totally forget to let others know! Thank goodness so many of his friends and family members have email so I can send out a mass email announcement. So without further ado, here it is...

For those of you who haven't been able to keep track of Bob's (my BF and love of my life) health dilemmas, here is the cliff notes version:

June 13th - He has double bypass surgery

July 1st - He has colon cancer surgery

July 7th - He comes home

July 23rd - He is having problems breathing and feels light headed so we go to the ER. They say he is dehydrated and pump him full of fluids and send him home.

August 7th - We go back to the ER where they diagnose him with empyema - a nasty lung infection.

August 8th - He has another surgery to drain the fluid from his lungs.

August 17th - The infection spread to his abdomen and they do surgery to drain that too.

August 29th - He finally comes home.

He isn't doing very well. He still has pain in his abdomen. No one can say why. He is very weak and can barely walk. I have no idea how he is going to fix himself something to eat when I go to work on Tuesday. The pain meds make his brain muddled so he can't think clearly. I have the uncanny feeling I will be returning him to the ER soon.

Then I found out this past week that I will have to have surgery on my breast because there is something in there that may be cancerous. That news made the awful infection in the other breast seem so insignificant. To be honest, I wish they would cut both of this big melons off! lol They have been a nuisance for most of my life.

I apologize for all the horrible news I seem to share with everyone. Hopefully there will be something good I can report sometime soon.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the well wishes and prayers for Bob! I appreciate it more than I can ever express. Please keep those prayers coming that he will fully recover and be his old self once again.

Kathy

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting