SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlily_gw

Asking for Prayers

jlily
14 years ago

My DH just finished 5 month of sessions of chemo for a Leukemia Lymphoma tumor in his left lung. We thought that was going to take care of it--NOT-- now they found another kind of cancer that requires 38 sessions of Radiology. Meanwhile they have discovered a tumor in my left breast of course Cancer. I am set for surgery on Thursday. My DH is really feeling bad from his chemo. Things are hanging by a thread.

NOw you know why my determination to be more active in this Garden junk this year has not been possible.

Thanks for Listening.

Love to all, Jlily

Comments (64)

• princess_mimi
    14 years ago

My prayers go out to you and yours!

My mother is a two time breast cancer survivor. There were twenty seven years between occurances. She is currantly taking each of my five sons individually to her home so that they can have a week of being the "only one" and spoiling them rotten! She drives four hours each way in her red sports car to drop off one and pick up the next boy. All this at age 75! I pray that her story gives you some hope!

Hang in there!

~~Mimi

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Jlily, I am so sorry you and your DH are having to face such hard times. My thoughts and prayers are with you also. Luvs

• Related Discussions

Asking for prayers.

Q

Comments (17)
    Such good news for Bud! And I'm with Tally... these days many procedures that were once difficult, have become so routine. Andrew - I am so sorry that even after your surgery that you continue to have problems. Maybe your Dr. will choose to remove all the rods and such and that will make all the difference. Even when I don't see you post regularly, you are still on my mind from time to time. Hopefully the day isn't too far off when you can say how great you are doing. You certainly aren't alone with having a slow bloom season. The weather has been so weird this summer. Really, I shouldn't complain because it has made working at the plant farm so much more pleasant, yet.......... well, ya know! :) Oh yeah... please don't feel like you should carry any responsibility for some of the "debates" around here. Someone could post that the sky is blue and it would turn into a discussion on why you are wrong about that. Or maybe be asked to post evidence that it is true. Whatever, right? Don't let that kind of stuff keep you away. We need you here! :)
    ...See More

Could I ask for prayers, please?

Q

Comments (31)
    I'm sorry, Gellchom. You are so sweet to ask. I started a new thread "Update on Anna" since this one was getting quite lengthy. She got the results from the Pet scan on Wednesday of this week. It showed a spot on her spine that could possibly be the result of an old injury, which she doesn't remember having, but at any rate they are going to do an MRI on April 2nd. She will see the oncologist on April 17th and learn the results then. I'm hanging on to the thought that she fell down a complete flight of stairs at home a few years ago and hit the wall in front of her with her left foot. Tore her heel all to pieces and she has a brass plate and screws in it. She was off work for several weeks. Nothing was said about a back injury at the time, but????? I have not mentioned this to her. False hope is not a good thing, I'm afraid. Thanks again. jude
    ...See More

Asking For Prayers For Morgan

Q

Comments (7)
    How terrifying for the little girl, and for all of her loved ones. Youngsters often recover faster than older people, and I pray that is the case for (((Morgan))).
    ...See More

Asking for prayers

Q

Comments (17)
    I am certainly sending sincere prayers for your situation. Good thoughts, too, but primarily prayers which I completely believe in. Please know that you are embraced and the best outcome is wished and prayed upon for you.
    ...See More
  • nonacook
    14 years ago

Saying prayers for you since the surgery is today...

Lord, guide the doctors hands and make sure they get all the cancer!
    May the angels walk around your bedside and keep you from pain. Amen

• jlily
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello
    All, I am just writing to let you know about our progress. I had my surgery on Thursday I believe not a lumpectomy but a bigger cut. Not mastectomy. He also took parts to test. I am seeing the Dr. on Monday hopefully he will have the rsults by then. My DH got oxygen and 2 units of blood on thursday, also. I am going to see if we cn get him on oxygen at home. It seemed to help him a lot. But he is still getting out a lot of phlegm--nasty .

I thank you all for your prayers and careing.
    Love, Jlily

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Jlily, thank you for being able to update us on the two of you. Sounds like your DH is having a pretty rough time but maybe the oxygen will get him thru it faster. I know its terrible having to wait for test results, and my thoughts are with you on that.

Heart hugs,
    Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Prayers for you and your DH are continuing to come your way Jlily! Thanks for the update. I hope your surgery wiped out your cancer and that your DH is able to become comfortable to start on his road to recovery for his leukemia. Bless you both and the health care workers helping you!

Hugs,
    Kathy

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

*** Special Thoughts & Prayers to you....

" Casting ~ALL ~ your Anxiety ~ On God ~ because........
    HE CARES FOR ((((((((((((((YOU ))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((Jlilly)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) God Bless ! SusieSunshine
  • jlily
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, more prayers needed. They did not get all of the cancer out. On thursday I 'm to have a mascectomy. Hopefully getting all the cancer this time. My DH is starting his radiation tomorrow,
    Love to all,
    Jlily

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Still thinking about you and your DH...I am so sorry that you have to have further surgery. I'm lifting you up in my prayers.

Hugs,
    Marlene

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Jlily...thank you for your updates & will keep you & DH in prayer. Good, positive thoughts being sent over the Internet! My sister went thru this just over a yr. ago & has gained back her strength & back to work (a nurse)...so many good drs. out there & staff! My Dad used to say, "Keep a stiff upper lip!" and so I am passing that on to you tonight! God bless! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Prayers and good thoughts continue. I can't imagine how tough this is with both of you fighting such huge battles at the same time. May you be surrounded by loving family and friends to help you thru this.

I wish all of us here could be there in real life for you two (and Smick).

hugs, Karen

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Sorry to hear they didn't take it all the 1st time!! Hope this time they get it all so you can just get your DH through his treatments!! Hugs & prayers that your medial team will do a good job & you will have 1 less thing to worry about. Jan

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

So sorry to hear you have to go through nore surgery I am praying for you and your hubby. Glad to hear the oxygen helped him.

God Bless You Both

Nanagrandma

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Prayers for you both.
    My cyst was when Bill undergoing chemo and radiation
    and I prayed "Lord I don't have time for this--Please help me" and I am sure you feel the same.
    My constant prayer for all cancer patients--
    Lord, give them complete healing, no pain or nausea.
    Thank you Lord!

• use2bcapecodr
    14 years ago

I just found this...I'm stunned at all you are going through and am praying for you and your DH, Jlily.

May the good Lord hold you both in his healing hands and help you through this very difficult time.

There are times in our lives when we feel things will never be better. I'm sure this is one of those times for you and your DH. I have had many such times in my 67 years. However, things have ALWAYS gotten better for me, and I pray they will for both of you too.

God is good and is always there for us to help us through our trials.

Please keep the faith and know the many prayers being said for you and your DH are very powerful!

God bless you both!
    ~Sandy~

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

I will continue to keep you, your DH and all your health care providers in my prayers, jlily! The hospital might just need to get a room for the two of you to share your recoveries!

• daisydal
    14 years ago

I just seen this post since I have been back. Girl, what troopers you and your DH must be to stand up to all that has been dealt to you. I have read the posts from everyone and I know you are in the hands of God with all of these prayer warriors on your side. I know you will continue to fight this battle with Gods mightly love wrapped around you both. You are being lifted up in prayer all over this great big world of ours right now.
    blessings and prayers to you both-Sherri

• jlily
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for your help, support and prayers. Thank GOD there is no more cancer in the test. There will be treatments but I can endure anything now.
    Love, Jane(JLily)

• nonacook
    14 years ago

God is the Great Healer!
    Praying for complete healing for both of you!

• diggery
    14 years ago

Thank you, Lord, for a good report!!

Continuing to lift you both up in prayer.

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

GREAT NEWS!! I'll continue to pray for you and DH as well!!

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Wonderful news! I will continue to send prayers for the treatments to not be hard on you, and to give you strength to help your dear husband thru his.

hugs, Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

I am so happy for you that they got all the cancer! What a relief that must be for you and your DH! I know the folks here are burning up the prayer lines for you two. lol! And God is certainly answering. Prayers will continue for the both you so that your treatments go well and you are both on the quick road to recovery.

Hugs,
    Kathy

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Certainly a blessing that they got all the cancer this time. I know there are several on this forum who have had similar experiences and they will be able to offer you allot of support during your recovery. I know you are a fighter and a survivor and have endured many hard times before--hopefully this too will soon be just a bad memory. Hang in there, Jlily, we are all praying for you. Luvs

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Thanks for the update, continue to heal. God bless you and your hubby during this difficult time! Hugs~ tenderlee

{{gwi:127629}}

• jlily
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for your prayers and caring. My DH had his 13th session of radiation today. His appetite has increased some. He has to go get 2 units of blood tomorrow. At the same time I am to have 2 scans done-checking for more Cancer before they begin my treatments. Today was 2 weeks from my Masectomy. I still have one drain and my staples in. I am to lose them next week. They are going to install a port for my chemo.

Thanx again. Love to all, Jane (Jlily)

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

I thought I'd read the post since it was at the top . I wanted to see what's been added . NOW -- I can't believe myself . My God ...... I was sure I had replied , but I didn't .....
    I feel soooo bad now . How could I have forgotten ? There are so many replies , I just can't believe I let a "family member" go without my best wishes & prayers.

OHhhhhh ....... My heart goes out to you & your DH , sweetie . I wish I could hug you both -- a big - gentle hug . I'm speechless because of all the things you are going through. I've said this so many times to my friends - I wish I had a magic wand that would make it all go away . I'd even take the pain for you if I could. When you hurt - I hurt.... that's how much friends mean to me. I can tell you right now ... prayers are going out every day for you & DH . With all of us praying for you .... I really believe you can expect positive results. Till then ... You are both in my thoughts and I'm sending "healing vibes" your way .
    (((((((((( HUGS )))))))))

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

jlily...thank you for the update...more prayers coming your way...I see on your page that you have been retired for awhile...so you know how time goes so quickly! Will be so much better for you next week when staples & drain come out...I remember how much better my sister felt when that was done.

Continued good thoughts and prayers for your DH...he's over l/3rd of the way...hope the blood tomorrow will give him more strength! Keep holding on to each other, your family, friends & faith! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

{{gwi:126966}}

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Been thinking about you....thanks for the update and we're continuing to lift you and your DH up in our thoughts and prayers!

Hugs to both of you!
    Marlene

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Jane,
    WOW! I'm amazed at you. I appreciate you taking the time to update us all on what's happening. Sure hope all goes well for your additional scan and that there is no more cancer so they can proceed to the next step. And all this too with your hubby where he is. How is he doing? Did the doctors order that he can get the oxygen at home? Keep focussed on healing and positive activities.
    My prayers are still going up fro you and hubs.
    Love, Jules

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Prayers will continue for the both of you and your health care workers! I am happy to hear that your husband's treatments are going well and I hope your scan will be a positive one. Thank you for the update!

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Jilly, I can not even imagine the kind of turmoil you are going thru. Just know that our prayers are with you and you DH. It takes a lot of strength to go thru what you are going thru.

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Still saying prayers for the both of you!
    Thanks for the update.
    My prayer--
    Complete healing, and no pain!

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Jilly,
    You and your husband are in my prayers. Bless your heart you've been through so much... Praying also for God to heal you both...Amen

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

Thinking of and praying for you and yours.Please stay optimistic and know everyone here is pulling for you. My best friend beat breast cancer twice, 4 years apart. Now she has been cancer free for 6 years. Your original post mentioned that things were hanging by a thread, it made me think of one of my favorite sayings." When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
    Syble

• laney-bug
    14 years ago

Our prayers are with you both. My husband had bladder cancer surgery in March,he also lost a kiddney. Had 54 staples, had them removed a week later the wound busted open. Had to go back and have everything sterlized again.
    And in all he had 13 pints of blood because of the cancer,
    and he devleoped 6 bleeding ulcers. He went in the hospital weighing 145. Coming home weighing 105. I said all this to let you know GOD is good!!!! He does listen to prays. Today DH is cancer free,ulcer free, and now weighs

1. He also has quit smoking and eats everything in site!
      And to hear him say it ( I may have lost my bladder but I have life!) He was postive through the whole thing. Oh and did I mention no chemo. GOD IS GOOD!!!!! Bless you and your family, he will take care of you both.
  • jlily
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello,
    We are so lucky to have found these caring people. They must be really special to work with Cancer patients, I think. The group at the Chemo building are calling me and DH "double trouble". LOL

He has had 25 sessions of radiology. He had to take 13 days off for his throat and stomach to heal. He was having trouble swallowing food and liquids. He should be done with the radiology on Sept. 30 if he is able to continue on schedule.

Monday I am going for my second round of chemo. I have not been able to do much in the way of gardening this year. But I have taken some pictures of some of my earlier project to update when I get more time.

Thank you all for caring and your prayers.
    Love, Jlily

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Hoping you are both through with treatments by the holidays & that you can put it all behind you!! Continued prayers & hoping this round of chemo won't cause you problems. One thing about it, can't say the other spouse doesn't "understand" you are both in it together! Hope neither of you are smoking & don't let smokers in your house!! Keep us posted on how you are doing!! Hugs, Jan

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

You both have my prayers and best wishes. I understand what you are going through. I have had to do the chemo three times now and have had radiation for one six week session this summer too. Hang in there. The worst will soon be over. Keep us posted when you can.

~Micki~

• nonacook
    14 years ago

I had been wondering how things were going with the 2 of you. Glad you found a few minutes to let us know.
    Praying for you both--complete healing, no pain!
    Hugs and prayers!

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

It sounds like you two are doing pretty well. And like Jan said, you two can relate to each other! It must create a special bond between you that should make your relationship stronger. I will continue to keep you both in my prayers along with your medical team. Keep us updated!

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

DoubleTrouble ..... LOL .... so glad to hear y'all are getting through all this okay. That good sense of humor will help keep things brighter. Been thinking about ya .... hang in there! ~tenderlee

• jlily
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello,
    WE are still hanging in there. DH has had 33 Radiology treatments. He is still having trouble swollowing and cannot taste his food. Which does not encourage him to eat-but he is trying. His radiologist said 33 treatments out of 38 was pretty good. So, we will see how good.

I am going to start my 5th Chemo treatment this morning. It has got to be better than the last one. My hands and feet and tongue were swollen for almost 2 weeks.
    I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get back with you all.
    Happy smiles to you all. JLILY

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Hope 5 is the magic number!! Praying for a cure this time & that by Christmas this will all be just a memory! Hugs & prayers! Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

May God continue to be with both of you....you're both an inspiration in grace to us all!

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

Praying for you right now, how unbelievebly strong you both are. I hope that the side effects ease up for both of you.

Sylvia

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Big gentle hugs to you and your DH...sending good thoughts & prayers your way. Thanks for the update...keep up the strong attitude & encouraging each other... & happy smiles to you both, too! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

I am so glad you were able to update us. Prayers will continue, especially for both of you to have a new year ahead of only good things. This has been such a rough year on you, and my heart goes out to you and your Dh.
    hugs,
    Karen

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Jlily and your DH, I hope 2010 brings healthier and happier days to you both!!! You remain in my thoughts and prayers! I am so sorry that you guys are having to go through this. Hugs ~tenderlee

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus