SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Post about my friend - heart lung transplant

toomuchglass
14 years ago

My best-est friend in the whole wide world , Mary , has been through hell and back with problems with her heart and lungs for the past 5 years . She has COPD ... bad. She FINALLY has met all the criteria for a heart / lung transplant .. and as of Monday - she's on the national list for a transplant . Both of us are happy & scared at the same time. What a thing to go through . She's my age - 54.

in all honesty - she's so frail - I'm hardening myself if things don't work out . Have you ever had to go through something like this ? ---- knowing the possible outcome but hoping for the best ? Care to share it with me ?

Sure is hard trying to optomistic . Any hints or stories of experience will help me :)

PS ........ I have to share this . Her doc said he has never seen so such damage to the lungs. He even asked her if she could think of anything she did. Nothing she said was harmful - EXCEPT --- MAYBE ---

...spraying Krylon paint in the basement without ventilation. At the time - her and I were into doing country woodcrafts for craft fairs ....... heavy . She was in her basement -- spraying base paint , sealer coats ,top coats - spraying because it was faster . We wonder if that's the cause. We'll never know .... but I hope this can be a warning to everyone ... windows OPEN !

Ok-- I'm rambling -- I'm so sorry .... I'm still trying to sort things out . I guess you are the most compassionate , knowledgable people I know . Thanks for letting me vent !

Comments (9)