SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lamora_gw

My Spider Plant isnt doing too well-- help pls

Lamora
11 years ago

Hi all.

I know I am probibly being a pest here, but I am at a loss of what to do. My mama spider plant is so wilty and not growing, leaves are turning brown all over the place. Not just the tips, in the center of the leaves.

This started when I put it outside, then someone put it in the sun-- I didnt know about it untill a good few hours later, too late, it burned. That was about 4 wks ago. I cut all the burned leaves off. (almost gave it a crew cut) :(

Last weekend I re-soiled it with the 5:1:1 mix, it was not root bound or rot, and the old soil was fairly moist. I mist every day. I feed it once a month, low dose w/distilled water. Water when dry- about every 2 weeks. The few babies that are on it look real wilty, and the few shoots that are there, are not getting long. I do not see any new shoots coming in. Havent seen any new ones since about Jan. There were a few dead babies also. I cut them off as well.

I am at a loss-- What can I do to help it? I know it went from a huge East window, humid area, to this dark, dry room, but I am trying to keep it happy. Shaded porch.

I also would like to know how to get rid of "water spots" on my plants? very annoying.. but the spider plant is first in line..

Thanks in advance for any help- advice and imput

Marjie :)

p/s- sorry Al- I know you said to wait til the first of next month to re-soil-- but I couldn't.. maybe I should have?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz