SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
limartinez_gw

Orphaned Money Tree and Co.!

limartinez
16 years ago

Hello,

I came to my apartment tonight and in the lobby, there were 7 plants with a hand written "free" on a sign above. I'm guessing the people moved out, and I'll reserve my moral judgment for the sake of the orphaned- and beautiful- plants. But I don't want to kill them! so I need some advice please.

Basically, I now have a new money tree, a succulent of sorts, a pothos and a tiny little desert looking plant.

I'm mostly worried about the money tree- he's braided and about 3 feet tall (only braided up 7 inches or so). It seems that there were 6 original trunks, but now there are only 2. his soil is moist, so i guess i'll wait a bit to water him. They are tall and leafy. Should I prune them and if so, how far should I cut them? Does he need repotted? the pot now is about 5" diameter...

I'm not too worried about the succulent since i can water him whenever i water my jade plant, but should he be anything more than misted? how often should i water and how often should i mist? i'll use the same tactics for the little desert-looking plant.

finally, another pothos. i have one already that i am trying to revive from my overwatering tendencies. how often do these need watered? misted? there were a lot of dead leaves lying on the soil and as soon as i started to clean them up, the branches began to fall off, which is too bad because he was absolutely full and beautiful. is this ok? i trimmed him a little- he's dry, should i water him?

thank you so much and sorry for the rambling nature of this post.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!