SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grrr4200

Play Nice

grrr4200
11 years ago

I was served a piece of humble pie so i have the right to say what I'm going to post.

We who are more knowledgeable then others in regards to plants and plant care and who give advice should really give advice properly. I just spent the good portion of the past few hours reading reply's to plant queries with my jaw half open.

1. There is no reason to be rude when answering someones questions, many people are new to the plant keeping hobby and are looking for guidance... not belittlement.

2. If someone is looking for help, help them the best way you can; if you have advice (whether it be found on the internet or personal) give it.

3. There is no true way to not fix something. If someone has done something that may be in your eyes 'wrong' teach them how to fix it, or at least tell them how to do it correctly for the future. And then try to help figure out a way to keep what they have going on positive and steered in the right direction.

We are here to help one another, not turn someone away or snub our noses at someone or reply to their problem in a tasteless disrespectful way.

When i started my salt water aquarium i had millions of questions. And i asked peoples opinions and they gave their thoughts to me readily. Because if it worked for them it may work for me. Never once was anyone rude to me because of a question. The same goes with plants.

We learn from our mistakes and give people the best advice we know how to from our own personal experiences. In no way shape or form should we make someone feel 'stupid' for asking a question or asking for advice given a plant issue.

People need to come to these forums and not be afraid to ask someone that may be 'so beneath them' a question. We should all be happy someone found these forums and has taken the good leap of faith to ask their questions and get them answered...

regardless of how old the thread may be.

Let's play nice ya'll. The world of houseplants is to beautiful to be downgraded to a world of ill-repute and ignorant reply's. Lets keep it civil and positive and good. Enough with the rudeness!

Comments (13)