SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hexalm

New plants - pics (need some IDs)

hexalm
11 years ago

So a couple weekends ago, the local conservatory had a fundraiser plant sale, and I managed to spend over 2 hours there deliberating and trying not to buy too many plants. Wound up with 12 (what's below, in addition to a goldfish plant), and it took me so long, they'd marked everything down by 50% by the time I paid--so I got away with it all for $45. Indecision paid off, for once, although I did feel weird enough about that to add a small donation on top of it.

Only trouble is, a couple of them weren't labeled, and I didn't bring home the label for one (and forgot what it was called).

Still need to repot all of these; don't think any of them are terribly happy about their soil right now. Of course, they have to get in line behind a few other plants...

I'll lead with the unknowns.

1. My only thought is this one may be an Aeonium based on the leaf shape and toothed edges. Has only a few similarities and big differences with my Aeonium arboreum, so I'm not sure, at any rate.

{{gwi:85176}}
Another Angle:

{{gwi:85177}}

2. This one was labeled, but they pulled the tag and I mistakenly thought it wasn't mine. Nothing I've turned up so far is quite like this thing. Definitely like the tricolor variegation though.

{{gwi:85178}}
{{gwi:85179}}

3. I'm thinking Hoya carnosa--almost definitely a Hoya though, particularly in light of the sunburn it got sitting a foot from the sunny window, one day.

{{gwi:85180}}

4. I assume Crassula ovata--finally I think I've got a normalish variety (instead of a monstrous or small-leaved one):

{{gwi:85181}}

5. Musa whatever--I'm not sure I care beyond it being a banana. I definitely love the big leaves:

{{gwi:85182}}

6. Nice variegated P. afra. Almost didn't get it, but I'm glad I did (the ones I've grown from tapla's cuttings needed some more company, I guess!):

{{gwi:85183}}

7. Mammillaria elongata (cristata). Brain cactus, if you ask me!

{{gwi:85184}}

8. I think another Mammilaria, not sure more specifically, though.

{{gwi:85185}}
Sadly it looks like it may have the start of some rot (the medium it's in is crap, I won't water at all until I repot). Seems stable, though:

{{gwi:85186}}

9. Coffea arabica:

{{gwi:85187}}

10. Dracaena "Song of India"

{{gwi:85188}}

11. Spathiphyllum wallisii (Peace Lily):

{{gwi:85189}}

-Bryan

Comments (9)