SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilpeaches

1st attempt at a grot!

lilpeaches
18 years ago

Thought maybe some of you would get a laugh out of this and maybe some will see themselves in this.

So..its kindof snowing outside and thought this would be a great time to try my 1st attempt. Went to garden of mu's site and read the instructions, got everything going and was going good until... it started slumping! Of course I started to panic because I cant get it (the head)as tall as that one and no matter how hard I kept trying it just kept slumping!! So as I'm growing increasingly panicked and then just down-right angry (you know-telling myself how this just isnt working..I should never have tried this..Why did I even bother.. all that) and I'm almost to the point of throwing my tufa at the wall and I look down at the front of the head and low and behold!! In my frustration and trying to "squeeze" the mixture up the sides-there is his face! My grot had appeared! The indentations from my thumbs squeezing the life out of his fool head are now the eye sockets and that caused the bridge of his nose to pop out! Needless to say it gave me a good laugh and the courage to keep trying. Now if I can leave it alone for the next 3 hrs. and I'll really bring him to life!

Now I just need to figure out how to post pics and I'll show you all how it turns out. (For the worse or better)

Comments (2)