SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mojavelove

Best place to browse African Violets

MojaveLove
13 years ago

I never cared for AVs before (reminded me of grandmas for some reason) but I decided to look at them and had NO IDEA there were over 15,000 KNOWN varities out there. Wow. I don't care for the ones you find in the grocery store but there are so many colorful frilly fuzzy ones out there and I am determined to find one to keep at work (I have the right lighting).

I came across a picture of one on the AV society's homepage that I HAVE TO FIND OUT WHAT IT IS I am obsessed. I'm sure it is a show plant AND great professional photgraphy but still I want it lol. I'll link to the post with the picture.

Anyway can someone tell me of any good online vendors for these plants where they have good picture browsing? I mean large, unfuzzy pictures that are easy to click through. Maybe even just a plain ol information site. So many websites don't have pictures of what they are selling(weird) or the pictures are way too small or bad quality and I just want to see as many different AVs as I can to pick one out and then hunt it down somewhere. I need immediate satisfaction! lol

Also, I am intrigued by the vintage variaties strictly because they are older and not as common.

I posted something on the AV forums but haven't heard anything yet and I don't have patience because I am fixated on a new plant right now. lol!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:83891}}

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH