SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sahm2ae

Fertilizing Schedule

sahm2ae
16 years ago

I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, and as I purchase new plants, I'm worried I'll forget to fertilize one, or fertilize another too often. I know how often my plants need to be fertilized, and I'm wondering if I'd be the only one to create a calendar for keeping track of when I last fertilized each plant (obviously that wouldn't work if I had 200 plants), or if there's another system I could use. I thought about putting something in the pot after I fertilize, leaving it there until the next watering, removing it, and then the next time fertilizing and putting it back.

I don't know if I'm overcomplicating something that could be really simple, but most of my houseplants need water at roughly one week intervals, which would have me fertilizing every other watering (at least during this time of year). Right now all I know to do is to fertilize the plants on the main floor one week, and upstairs the next. My only concern is forgetting which floor I fertilized last. I'd love to hear how you all remember when to fertilize!

Oh, and at least mixing the fertilizer has become a lot easier now, with using the dehumidifier water... I pour the water into 1 gal jugs (we go through apple juice like there's no tomorrow), mix in the fertilizer, and shake!

Chandres

Comments (4)