SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faerybutterflye

Pachira (Money Tree) Problems, any experts?

faerybutterflye
11 years ago

I received my money tree from my grandmother about 3 years ago, as a rescue project. She had almost killed it & I decided that I was going to bring it back to life. I pruned it down & it put out a new growth. Since then, it has grown from a pitiful 1 foot tall to over 3 feet tall. It's always been one of my healthier, more robust plants. Always putting out new hands so quickly, I can barely keep track.

Well, we moved a few months ago & of course, all my plants had their adjustment period. My money tree went from a western window to an eastern window at our new house. I think the central heat vent upset her some, she dropped quite a few scorched leaves. I have a moisture meter (for my orchid, but used for houseplants too) that I use to get a medium dry reading before I thoroughly water with 10-15-10 fertilizer. My pachira seems a bit upset with me lately. It's developed some yellowing on the leaves & a few brown spots. She's been dropping a lot of leaves. Is this something normal that I shouldn't really worry about, considering the change in environment? Or is this something else? Also, she's getting so tall! Should I prune her back to make her more manageable or should I just grab a new, taller stake to keep her steady? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have more pictures, if they'd help, but have only figured out how to post one at a time.

Comments (18)