SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tropic_dreams

How do you keep track of plant information?

tropic.dreams
14 years ago

I have a habit of picking up plants without ID anyway, and I got a ton of plants from friends, plus some was just tossed, so there are a few plants in the landscape that I really have no idea about.

Since I started collecting tropicals I've tried to be a little better about keeping information. Sometimes I leave pokes in with the plant. Often I pulled tags or information off and kind of tossed it in a pile next to the planting materials.

A few months ago I started to systematically catalog information in a table format, figuring I would make one copy to put into a book (magic page photo album or something) and another copy to laminate and stick on the plant.

The table format was great for the outdoor plants I started with but now I'm noticing it isn't quite working as well for the house plants so I might have to make a different format.

I know I can always look up plant information online as long as I have the name, but I don't want to do that ALL the time. I'm just not sure if this way is going to work.

Any suggestions or experiences with keeping plant information handy and useful?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County