SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mojavelove

My Pothos is so weird

MojaveLove
13 years ago

I have had more "plant events" with my new almost all white Marble Queen Pothos (except for one all green vine, it is aboute 75% white it looks really cool), which I have only had for 2 or 3 weeks, than any of my other plants ever.

First, it smelled really bad the first night in its new home. Never smelled again. Some on here debated it was my dogs though lol but I SWEAR it was the plant.

Then a week after that a few leaves turned yellow from over watering at the greenhouse so I got rid of those. Strangely, except for one white leaf that is slowly browning, all of those leaves were on the single green vine.

Every time I water it it smells like rain.

It's growing pretty fast for a Pothos, especially one that is mostly white. A leaf that was just barely shooting out of the vine when I got it has almost quadrupled in size. Still hasn't fully been "born" yet though.

Today it is crying, not sure why. A few of the leaves have clear liquid hanging off the edge. I watered it last night. My Chinese Evergreen did that in the summer but I figured it was from humidity. Why is my plant crying? Is that bad? What does it mean? I also found a random lady bug on it. Should I get rid of it or let those two have some time together? I noticed lady bugs on my other Pothos (it is not at this house), I guess they are attracted to them. Weird.

It's funny because I find Pothos to be so typical and boring and yet it has brought me more excitement than my other plants combined.

Comments (8)