SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ryanstorm

Asian Pear Planting Spot

RyanStorm
9 years ago

I bought an Asian Pear Tree, it has 3 branches with 3 different types of Asian Pear on it, they called it a combination pear tree, but other places call it a 3 on 1, it has Chojuro, Hosui, and New Century.

I still have it in its container. I have a couple good spots that get lots of sun. Right now it is only like 4 feet tall and very bare, so not sure how it will end up. I am guessing it is a regular size one, not a dwarf.

The ideal spot is next to my shed. That south side of shed spot gets sun pretty much all day with no tree shading the area or anything else between it and sun.

I just don't know how close to the shed I could put it? All I found was for medium to large fruit trees to have 12 foot spacing between them. I don't know how big the spread is with its branches, or if the roots would upset the cement bed used for the floor of the shed, I do know 12 feet is to far, it would be under my WIllow.

There is a couple other spots, but they either don't get morning sun, or late sun. I have a spot in front and back of shed, but then the shed covers them during dawn or dusk. And my other option is next to my vegetable garden. I just don't know how close a fruit tree can be to vegetables, I do have a lot of room? That would be a great spot with plenty of sun, and nothing by it or next to it.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz