SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
riptidefrog

Please help with ID 2 plants

riptidefrog
17 years ago

I hope someone can help me identify two plants that i just recently bought from Walmart. I do not have a digital camera and havnt been able to identify any plants online that resemble it.

The first plant was bought in a 4" pot and has very dark green leaves that are so deeply lobed that every leaf appears to be 3 leaves. To an untrained eye it might resemble a 3 lobed marjuana leaf (its the closest thing i could think of). Each of these leaflets/lobes is about 0.5 " wide and about 3" long, coarsely toothed and each of the central veins on each leaflet is tinged red. The leaflets join at a petiole that is white with flecks of dark brown/black. the leaves are arranged alternately and the stem is round and dark. The plant is about 7" tall right now but i have seen this plant alot bigger, maybe a few feet high.

I think the other plant is a fern. i bought it in a hanging pot and it has leaves that are about 3-7 lobed with smooth edges and rounded tips. The leaves are about 3" wide and 5" long, medium to light green and stand about 8-12 inches from the base of the plant. The unfolding fronds have a scattering of hairs that are not present on the older fronds. the base also has some rough looking hairs at the edges. the fronds do not come out of a central point like they do on ferns like the boston fern but seem to be coming out of this base in a manner that i am not accustomed to.

I originally thought that this might be a rabbit foot fern but the pictures online that i have seen show foilage that is lacy and these leaves are definetly not that.

I hope someone can help me because i really dont have any idea how to take care of these plants.

Thanks in advance for any help. :-)

Comments (4)